Jan 22, 2010

Red She-Hulk backup and Sif One-Shot announcement

Hey guys!

So Incredible Hulk 606 came and went on Wednesday. DID YOU BUY IT? Because it featured my backup story of Red She-Hulk.

Anyway, in honor of this remarkable event that changed the world I have decided to post up the first five pages of pencils from the project. Go compare it to the finals or something!

Also, in case you missed it, I will be illustrating a Sif One-Shot for Marvel written by Kelly Sue DeConnick. You can read more about that here: NEWSARAMA

After that, I have basically no time to illustrate ANOTHER 8 page Red She-Hulk story for a World War Hulks anthology. Gonna be a fun couple months!

ENJOY!

Ryan





3 comments:

  1. Wow. I really dig all the broken line stuff you did to the figures to show speed and force etc. Kind of Manga-ish, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that there are definitely manga influences, but I think in this case it might reflect the style that McGuiness and Churchill have been bringing to the Hulk book recently. At least...it seems that way to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'know, I replied to this already once, but for some reason it didn't post. Sorry about that!

    Anyway, your manga observation is 100% accurate. My storytelling bible is Akira, and I've been a long-time reader of a lot of manga. When it comes to action sequencing and speed lines, I generally think I get that from Samura's Blade of the Immortal and Otomo. So thanks for noticing!

    However, Jeff is also right, because I'm a huge McGuinness fan! I think he probably gets a lot of his speed and force things from manga as well. So I think it's a case of similar influences as well as my interest in how McGuinness constructs the figure.

    Yeah! Thanks for posting dudes.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete